Sunday, June 19, 2011

In Osaka I saw you last.

I first want to discuss a couple secrets of my life, as secrets are probably more interesting than any amount of travel journal entries I may be able to come up with. First secret: I am a man of many keys. Except I lost a key once. I lost my key to my apartment while out and about one night and had to get it replaced. I sat outside my apartment and waited for a man to come and change the lock. It was 11 pm. I played Bejeweled. In any event. I was given two keys when I moved in. I lost one of them, then the man gave me two more keys when he changed the lock, but he didn't take the other key from the first time. So, I should have three keys, right? Wrawng! I only have the two that the man gave me. I can't find the original. It's like there are only two keys allowed in my apartment at the same time and when more than two are brought it, any extra keys disappear. I've even CLEANed my apartment since then. Nothing. Just the two the man gave me late at night. So, that's secret number one. Secret Two: I am a man of many keys. Except I lost my bike key once. Luckily, keys come in pairs, so I had another one to use. I biked to work and put the spare key in my pocket. When I went home that day, I found the main key, not the spare in my pocket. Now I can't find the spare. I have no idea how those two changed in my pocket, but somehow they did. It's like I'm a magician, unbeknownst to me. The Unbeknownst Magician. Life is so full of secrets. And keys. Don't believe me? Through the Trapdoor.

1 comment:

  1. So, it seems there are keys to your places of residence and bike. Is there a pair to your heart?

    ReplyDelete