Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mom wants all of these

So, my mom is all like "Scottie, you need to write down all the cute things that the kids do." And I'm all like, "Fine." But not much happened, just subtle endearment. Then yesterday something legit happened. I had just finished the day of classes at a school and was riding my bike home. I came to a train crossing and stopped because a train was coming. There were two of the school's students on the other side of the tracks waiting to cross to my side. I said hello and watched the oncoming train. I looked back at them a couple seconds before the train came and one of them was whispering something to the other. Not like I could overhear them, with the train fast approaching. I thought to myself about trying to pretend like the train hit me as it passed, to make them laugh when it had gone, but I couldn't quite figure out how to do it by the time the train had come and gone. As the train passed by us and I could see the two boys again, I found them lying on the ground, heads lolling and limbs twitching as if they'd just been run over. I burst out laughing. They stood up and laughed, giving each other high fives. I laughed myself to sleep last night.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Why don't we talk on gmail every night any more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will from now on, I am do promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Scottie that's so cute....
    Mom

    ReplyDelete