Friday, December 23, 2011

The Reverend Randy Bott

Well, Merry Christmas one and all!
It's been over 5 months since my last update back across the sea. I'm back home for Christmas Break. I shall tell you of an adventure I recently partook in. My friend, Cory Newton, his sister, Jackie Newton, and I, Scott Ogden, went on a hike the other day. It was Wednesday. we decided to go hiking up around the Silver Falls loop.
This is what it would look like if it had actually been snowy/cold. I'll admit, it was chilly, but nothing that necessitated (<---totally spelled that right the first try) any ever-loving winter gear. I will describe my outfit, though, because I really didn't want to be frigid.
First, I wore thermal garments. Then, I had my black long johns over those. Then, on the bottom, I had my jeans. On the top, I had a blue/red plaid shirt and my sexy sweater on over that. Then I had glasses and beard for my face. And this was all my sexy hiking outfit. Maybe Cory or Jackie will get around to posting some of the photographs they took on Facebook, so we can all view the style with which I traipsed about the Great Northwest. 
I also love small towns. I really would not mind living my life in one. After my 20 in the Navy, maybe I could just move to one of them and live the life of a police officer or something. Become the Sheriff. Solve one murder in my career, but it's either linked to something supernatural or it's dramatic enough that they make a movie about it. We drove through Mt. Angel and Silverton. Mt. Angel has this big church that, upon recent inspection, I found out is an abbey and has this guy as one of their priests:
Brother Bott?!!?!?!? Silverton looks like this:

And this:
I could live there, I guess.
I suddenly lost the desire to write. It's probably because of those web searches I just did for those pictures. The internet is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment