Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Everyone Loves the Beach

Everyone loves the beach. Everyone except that little voice inside me called my individuality. George Orwell would be proud.
I just realized that those three sentences are a really good introduction to my method of talking. 1. I make an over-generalized statement that could be controversial, based upon who I speak it to. 2. I assert myself over the past the statement. 3. I reference something moderately (read: tenuously) related.

A number of very boring things have been going on in my life recently. I started running a little bit. Just up the hill and down. When I have time. I try to have time at least three times a week. I wear these shoes that Arabic James gave me when he bought a better pair. They're a little big for me, but I really feel like that's okay. I have no qualms with my foot palms sliding around a smidge on the souls. I get pretty sweaty and I've thought of buying a headband, but every time I think about it, I imagine how it'd feel on my head the first time I used it. It would be all scratchy like a tennis towel, meant to soak up liquid, but not making my forehead downy soft. So, I've put off buying one as of yet.

Florence + The Machines just came on the Spotify radio I was listening to, but it sounded like Adele, so I skipped it.

I'm finally getting a cubicle at work. This is the least boring thing in my life, right now. They let go a fair amount of people, so that left the same amount of cubicles open (minus a couple for the people that were sitting with us). I had been working at a workstation set up in a hallway, of sorts, narrowed by a couple of tables so we could have somewhere to work. It wasn't terrible, but it did get awkward when I would slouch in my chair and stretch my legs and find myself playing footsie with the guy across from me. But, what the heck, I'm a 90's kinda guy, so... Now I have a cubicle. I'll need to put some thought into how I'm going to decorate it. I should put up one picture for everything I love in this world. Unfortunately, the only thing coming to mind right now is Downton Abbey, so I'll have to work on figuring out my loves.

I've really gotten into Star Wars, lately. I bought the Jedi Knight pack on Steam, so I've been playing Dark Forces, a 1995 Star Wars game that I never got to play as a kid, though I remember the demo. Also, I've started reading "Heir to the Empire". It's supposed to be really good. I figure I should probably just get really involved with one universe because it's hard to keep all the ones juggled in my head at the moment.

I found our old MIDI keyboard. I tried to plug it into my computer to see if I could record some sick samples, but all I got was a low whispering. It was like the Raven King was at my shoulder, imparting the secret words of magic from Beyond the Veil. But, siriusly, guyz, it wasn't working. So, I don't know what to do. Plus, I've been listening to all those songs that are all synthetics or whatever. I tell people I'm into Dubstep now, but I've only listened to Skrillex's latest album. That's all, and while that's enough for the casual listener, I can't maintain this charade forever. Something's got to give. I wrote one song on the piano, though. All of the sentences start with "I Am". I thought that a little egotistical. Perfect. I'm writing another song that makes me sing low. I don't know how to computer, though.

I have yet to hear back about Japan. I knew the Consul was just making things up when they said they'd let me know in late May if I got it or not. I know I won't get an answer until mid- to late July, but that doesn't stop me from checking the mail everyday after I get home from work. It's the least boring part of my day. Because disappointment is never boring.

Today, at lunch, I paid $8.00 for two chili cheese hot dogs that cost $2.00.

I'm the Assistant Executive Secretary in the Ward, but the Exec. Sect. is gone, so I have to do what he is supposed to do. Also, the Ward Clerk just moved out. So, I'm basically the fourth member of the Bishopric.

I feel like when you talk about Church, you end up capitalizing words much more than other life.

1 comment:

  1. I think I definitely qualify as one of your loves. I will submit some pictures so you can choose between them. Or put them all up.

    ReplyDelete